Monday, January 26, 2009

25th Birthday in Hawaii

Gliding across the ocean on a cloudy, rough afternoon, didn't help my birthday hangover. Partying the night before off tequila and enchiladas, my mood was anything but up.

Just out of reach from the Haleiwa harbor we spot our first whale. Spouting water and frolicking with its calf the whale submerges beneath the blue ocean. I grab my camera hoping for a chance to get a shot. Something is wrong. All I see is a black screen. Suddenly a whale leaps out of nowhere and the crowd gasps with excitement. I click the button to take a photo but all I see is black.

Just as it happened the whale is gone. "I missed it!" I yelled as I look at the black screen on the camera. Not only did I not see the whale leap but I missed the photo opp. Frantically I check the photos to see what I had taken when I see that I actually did catch the whale. Not as good as I thought it would be, I smiled with victory. Still hungover, the rest of the trip seemed worth while. Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday from Village of Bay Park

    ReplyDelete