Saturday, February 7, 2009

HIC pipe trials go off

Sipping my coffee and looking at the swell patterns on my computer this morning, I knew it was going to be a good day at pipeline. 10-15 foot swells coming out of the north west with easterly winds. Always a good sign.

I gathered my board shorts, towel, and water jug. Loaded up the 6'6 on my scooter and off to the races. Pulling up to the Volcom Houses at 9:30am I was waiting for my tide. Low going high. Puttering up the path I could hear the sound of an announcer blaring across the beach. HIC was holding the pipeline trials for 2009.

Bummed I was unable to surf, with most spots closing out, pipe was all I was thinking about. Not disappointed, due to the large swells and great surfing that was going on I whipped out my camera which I always keep on me. Here is a little video from the action today. I am just going to have to wait for my surf session tomorrow morning. Which will be MACKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment