Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bali is BAGUS

September 7th I took my first surf trip to Bali, Indonesia. A magical island located in the Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean. This tiny island possess some of the worlds top surf breaks with waves like changu, padang padang, uluwatu, bingin, impossibles, nusa dua, green bowl........just to name a few. Ever heard of the place? Well anyways my trip started in LA. 13 hours later i arrived in Taiwan or Taipei international airport. Taiwan is a very nice place where everything is clean and people are extremely generous and polite. I had to stay the night in Taiwan before I left for Bali at 10:00 am in the morning the following day. I stayed in a nice hotel in a very industrial place, but in the end all i needed was a bed. From Taiwan was a 5 1/2 hour flight to Denpasar, Bali. This flight was easy though because the nice people at EVA Airways bumped me up to First Class! Landing in Bali energized and frothing I met up with Rie, a local girl from Indonesia who is dating my buddy Brian. Rie took me on a whirlwind adventure meeting everyone in Uluwatu. After 100 Mades and 50 Wayans i knew remembering names was going to be easy. Just pick one or the other! The traveling took a lot out of me so i just got my room, unpacked my gear and called it a night. I'll have day two posted soon when i can think of good things to talk about....

No comments:

Post a Comment